821. Books on English poetry Further Reading: W. H. Auden Nones, 1951. W.H. Auden was an Anglo-American poet who wrote on political, cultural, and psychological themes in addition to love poems. After growing up in England, he travelled for a while before moving to...
799. Books on fishing Further Reading: Tom Davis The Little Book of Flyfishing, 1997. Tom Davis's contribution to The Little Book series looks at techniques to catch the fish and recipes for preparing them. The book was republished in 2008. Yvon Chouinard, Craig...
641. Books on food & drink Further Reading: Elizabeth Andoh Washoku: Recipes from the Japanese Home Kitchen, 2005. Elizabeth Andoh is a graduate of the world-renowned Yanagihara School of classical Japanese cuisine in Tokyo. Here she sets forth the principles of...
About the Book
Trust a librarian to help you find books you’ll want to read
Library Lin’s Curated Collection of Superlative Nonfiction is a librarian’s A-list of nonfiction books organized by subject area—just like a library. Linda Maxie (Library Lin) combed through 65 best books lists going back a century. She reviewed tens of thousands of books, sorted them according to the Dewey Decimal Classification system, and selected an entire library’s worth for you to browse without leaving home.
Here you’ll find:
- Summaries of outstanding titles in every subject
- Suggestions for locating reading material specific to your needs and interests
In this broad survey of all the nonfiction categories, you will find titles on everything from the A-bomb to Zen Buddhism. You might find yourself immersed in whole subject areas that you never thought you’d be interested in.
About the Author
Linda Maxie is a retired librarian from Virginia’s southern Piedmont region who is writing Library Lin’s Curated Collection of Superlative Nonfiction Books series. During her decades of library work, Linda got a lot of experience playing matchmaker for readers and books. Her obsession with quality led her to refine a method for choosing top books on any topic. When she’s not researching, she’s out roaming with her husband, Roger and their rescued cur dog, Dusty Kardashian.